Toilet : Installation Recommendations
Survey the land for the ideal position of the pit.
- System should be as far away from habitable buildings as is economically possible.
- Ensure the direction of entry has easy path access.
- The soil should be well drained (i.e. not holding water) and stable (i.e not prone to shifting easily) as this can cause the collapse of the hole.
- Ensure water table in the area is low. It should not come in contact with the hole in any season.
- Trench shall be excavated to the size of the pit slab.
- The top of the pit slab will be above ground (preferably protrude approx. 50mm above the ground or as per required specifications).
Ensure the top soil is stable and compact so that the slab can be fitted into place